1. Do not bet beyond your means. When you’re placing your bet you need to see that money as disappearing right then and there. Don’t think that you’re going to double it. Consider it like a cover that you have to pay at the door and then it’s gone. If you ever want to make real money with gambling you’re going to have to be disciplined with your money. Create a budget and mind it. If you lose it all on the first game, then it might be that you should take up painting or poetry instead.
2. Keep records of how much you win and lose and how often. You’ll want to understand why it is that you’re making or losing money, so you can replicate that success, or avoid that failure, in the future. Why did the teams you support lose? Why did you expect them to win? Were you betting emotionally? Did you not consider the changes in the background management? It’s vital to know what you are doing wrong if you’re going to avoid doing that again in the future. If you want to repeat your results or avoid them you’ll need to understand how you got there.
3. Spend a lot of time understanding and becoming familiar with the whole industry of gambling. You wouldn’t bet on a match without understanding the sport, so you shouldn’t place a bet before you understand how betting works. Learn about how bookies and casinos make their money. This will undoubtedly shed some light on your betting behaviour and probably provide you with some insights into where, when, and how to place a successful bet. Without at least a working knowledge of the gambling industry there’s a chance you’ll end up helping out the bookies and casinos with their profits.
4. Always have a reason for placing a bet. If possible, have a good reason. When asked why you places a certain bet on a certain team, you will need to know exactly why you put that money on that match. Think about why you are betting and why you are betting on that specific team.
5. Don’t get too adventurous when with what you bet on. It’s possible that you’re starting to get into a new sport, but if you don’t know the rules of lacrosse or you’ve never until these Winter Olympics watched bobsledding, then you’re probably not going to make any money. Keep betting on what you know and chances are you’ll be able to see and understand subtle nuisances of the sport. You need to know what you’re betting on before you start putting money on a team.
The nation’s second-leading rusher, Tyler Ervin (641 yards, 9 TDs), will be on display when the San Jose State Spartans play the Auburn Tigers. The Tigers and Spartans currently hold a 2-2 record. The game will begin Saturday, Oct 3 at 4:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on SECN.
Auburn was defeated by Mississippi State 17-9 last week. Peyton Barber had an outstanding performance on the ground in the loss, gaining 137 yards on 27 carries. San Jose State is hoping for another victory like last week’s performance, when it cruised past Fresno State 49-23. Tyler Ervin had a big game on the ground for the Spartans, rushing for 300 yards and three TDs on 42 carries.
Auburn is a substantial 20-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is currently unavailable.
The Tigers are a disappointment this season Against The Spread (ATS) with a 0-4 record, while owning a 2-2 Straight Up (SU) record. When it comes to defending the pass, Auburn is one of the best in the country, only giving up 9.4 yards per passing attempt. San Jose State’s defense could make it easy on the Tigers coming out from halftime. The Spartans allow an average of 9.2 points in the third quarter, making them one of the worst in the country.
On the other side, the Spartans have a record of 2-2 for both ATS and SU. The Tigers have not found a lot of success stopping their opponent’s running games. The Spartans will look to exploit a run defense that ranks 109th in Division I with 216.5 rushing yards allowed per game. Switching gears to the San Jose State defense, it has some favorable matchups that it may be able to take advantage of as well. Opponents have had difficulty with San Jose State’s second-ranked pass defense, which gives up just 94.5 passing yards per game. There is no feeling-out process to start a game for the Spartans, who average 12 points in the first quarter. San Jose State tends to control the time of possession during games, averaging a time of 34:53 for sixth in the country.
Predictions: SU Winner – San Jose State, ATS Winner – San Jose State
San Jose State is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games.
The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Jose State’s last 10 games.
San Jose State is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games.
San Jose State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road.
San Jose State is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Jose State’s last 6 games on the road.
Each team is 2-0 SU when leading at the end of the third quarter.
The Auburn offensive passing attack is ranked only 110th in the nation, while the San Jose State pass defense is ranked second. The Spartans passing game is ranked just 59th, compared to the 49th-ranked pass defense of the Tigers.Read More
The Kansas City Royals are huge favorites to win the AL Central in 2015. Heading into the final third of the season the Royals have virtually wrapped up the division. The Minnesota Twins were contenders early in the season but they are now around the .500 mark. The Detroit Tigers have been perennial contenders in the AL Central but this year they have never been in the race and they put up the white flag at the trading deadline when they sent David Price to Toronto. The Chicago White Sox and Cleveland Indians have been huge disappointments this season and neither team is in contention. Let’s look at the AL Central race and AL Central mlb betting odds from BangTheBook.com.
2015 AL Central Odds
Kansas City Royals 1-800
Minnesota Twins 75-1
Detroit Tigers 90-1
Chicago White Sox 90-1
Cleveland Indians 150-1
All About the Royals
The AL Central race is pretty much over as the Kansas City Royals have a huge lead in the division. The Royals have the best record in the American League so they would be leading any of the three divisions but they get the added edge of playing in the AL Central where all of the other teams are at .500 or below. The Royals have proven that last year was not a fluke as they are 10th in the league in scoring at 4.3 runs per game while they are 9th in the league in team ERA at 3.6 per contest.
Kansas City went out at the trading deadline and added Johnny Cueto as they look ahead to the playoffs. They also added Ben Zobrist who can play almost anywhere on the field. The Royals are current World Series favorites but they may have to get past the Toronto Blue Jays who are the hottest team in the American League.
Twins and Tigers Fading
The Twins were a great story in the early part of the season as they were leading the AL Central but the team simply couldn’t sustain their success. They do have some good young players but they simply don’t have the pitching to contend. The team is allowing 4.2 runs per game which is 25th in the league. The Tigers also don’t have the pitching to contend as they are 27th in the league in team ERA and they have been without slugger Miguel Cabrera for months. Detroit realized they were not contenders so they traded away David Price as they look to next year.
White Sox and Indians Out of Contention
The White Sox and Indians were both expected to contend in the AL Central this season but neither team was in the race from the start. The White Sox don’t do anything particularly well as they are 24th in hitting and 22nd in team ERA. The Indians have just been mediocre all the way around as they are 18th in hitting and 15th in team ERA. They should actually have a better record considering they are scoring 4 runs per game and allowing 3.8 per contest.Read More
Some people look at sport betting as a hobby; however this hobby could turn out to be extremely dangerous. Some people don’t even know it, but they are in danger of becoming a gambling addict, which is extremely bad because it could lead you to loose everything you’ve ever worked for, including your car and your house, and with it, you may inadvertently loose your entire family. This is why it is important to note that if you lose in gambling, you could lose a lot more than what you’ve wagered.
If you play one game a week, than gambling will probably never become a huge threat to you and your mental health. However, there are some people who just do not know when to quit and who believe that they could beat the house in its own game. You cannot beat the house, and for that exact reason, the gambling was invented – in order for the house to win. If everyone could bet the house, why would there be any gambling houses left? So, it is important to know that you cannot beat them, and that they are organized in such a way to take your money, not for you to take their money.
However, some people still don’t believe that, and many of the people do believe that, but they feel as if they’ve worked out a system in which you can win. There is no such system, and that needs to be said. Of course, you can have all the right information about the game you’re betting on, about the players who will be playing that game, about the weather conditions that may affect the game, but that still does not mean that you will come out victorious. Gambling is all about luck, and when it comes to placing sports bets, the luck is never on your side.
Also, talking about luck, you need to realize that luck is just a thing invented by people to justify a streak of wins. Usually, it was the losing side that called the winning side lucky, and not he other way around. So, there is no such thing as luck, and what you call a lucky streak in betting is just a random set of bets that happened to you. That often leaves the gamblers thinking that the luck is on their side, and that they should continue playing because they’ll win; however, the truth is quite the opposite. If you’ve had a “lucky streak”, just be happy that it happened to you, and quit playing while you’re still on the winning side; or else you’ll lose it faster than you’ve expected it.
So, as we have seen, sports gambling is something that should be taken seriously, not just as a part time activity or as a hobby. It could lead to serious misfortunes that may occur to you, and after just one of the, you might end up with nothing in your life. And life is not worth it, is it?